Capitol Hill Parent Advisory Council Meeting
Wednesday November 9th 2016
Time: 6:30 – 8:00pm Location: In the Library
Please enter through the back library doors, up small flight of stairs from the staff parking lot
- Welcome and Introductions, Agenda Review, any additions to the agenda. (approval of meeting minutes is made via email from attendees of that month’s meeting, and all meeting minutes posted on website)
- Principal’s Report: Principal Wally Kanno will update on happenings within the school, with additional input from head teacher
- Business Arising from the Minutes
- Treasurer’s Report
Any New business
Seeking a member at large to shadow Treasurer position
Motion to allocate field trip gaming grant funds
Motion to allocate funds for drama classes
Additional copies of the Treasurer report can be made upon request
- Chair’s Report
Pancake breakfast: request for members to join committee for planning and execution of this important event.
Working on a long overdue update to bylaws and constitution
- Committees: Committees are crucial for efficient use of time and to ensure general PAC meetings run on track and on time. Committee members are needed most urgently for events (Pancake breakfast, movie nights, sports day) and for fundraising, more new members needed for Health and Safety Committee.
- Class Parent Reps: It has been suggested to try and get this started up. We have a goal of 1 parent per division. Looking for volunteer to organize the initiative.
- Health and Safety Committee Report
Updates on upcoming lice screening and Parent Information Night
- DPAC Report
Visit the District Parent Advisory Council at www.burnabydpac.com for more information.
- Other business, questions/discussion if time allows. Meeting adjournment 8:00pm